Russell Park Church, near Bracefield
Russell Park Church is located about 6 km west of Bracefield, along the R400
road (the one signposted Riebeeck East / Grahamstown).
This small Methodist church was probably built around 1870.
William Lewis assisted with the
building of the church, by doing all the woodwork for the roof, and by
building the pulpit which is still in use today. His son,
Herbert Lewis was baptized there.
Coordinates: 33°10'24"S and 25°38'00"E, elevation 518m
Copyright © 2010, Rodney Jones,
Randburg, South Africa
(Last updated on 27 December 2010)